The Lake Elsinore Police Department conducted a DUI/Drivers License Checkpoint on October 25, 2013 as part of the city of Lake Elsinore’s commitment to public safety. This checkpoint was one of many that have been or will be conducted throughout the year in the city. The checkpoint was located at the intersection of Grand and Ontario in the city of Lake Elsinore. The goal of the DUI Checkpoint was to remove impaired and suspended drivers from the roadway and raise public awareness of the dangers of driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
Arrested for driving under the influence:
- Jaime Batchelor, 39 years, Lake Elsinore, Arresting Location: DIAMOND X CASINO DR., 10/25/2013 22:46, court date: 01/24/2014 07:30
- Nelson Mendez, 25 years, Lake Elsinore
670 Vehicles passed through the checkpoint.
- 23 Vehicles were diverted to secondary screening.
- 9 Persons were given field sobriety tests.
- 2 DUI suspects were arrested.
- 8 Vehicles stored or impounded for 30 days.
- 6 Unlicensed and suspended drivers sent to Court.
Alcohol and drug impaired driving cause’s serious injuries and deaths that have marred recent holiday celebrations. The Lake Elsinore Police Department is committed to working aggressively to reduce the incidence of needless tragedy that accompanies any alcohol related collision.