Perris, CA – Perris Police Department Traffic Unit conducted a DUI/Driver’s License checkpoint on 07/12/13, at North Perris Boulevard and Commerce Drive between the hours of 7:00 p.m. and 2:00 a.m. Checkpoints are placed in locations that have the greatest opportunity for achieving drunk and drugged driving deterrence and provide the greatest safety for officers and the public.
This DUI/Driver’s License checkpoint lowers DUI deaths and injuries. A major component of these checkpoints is the deterrent effects it has on those who might drive drunk or drugged impaired bring about more awareness and encouraging everyone to use sober designated drivers.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), checkpoints have provided the most effective documented results of any of the DUI enforcement strategies, while also yielding considerable cost savings of $6 for every $1 spent.
- 1020 Vehicles screened
- 76 Vehicles sent to secondary inspection
- 12 Field sobriety tests administered
- 2 DUI-Alcohol suspects arrested
- 1 DUI-Drug suspect arrested
- 22 Drivers cited/arrested for operating a vehicle unlicensed
- 12 Drivers cited/arrested for operating a vehicle while suspended/revoked
- 25 Vehicles towed
- 6 Misdemeanor arrest warrants were served
- 2 Felony arrest warrants were served
- 1 Person arrested for felony possession of dangerous weapons
Perris PD will be conducting another DUI/Driver’s License Checkpoint on Friday, August 2, 2013, in our ongoing commitment to lowering deaths and injuries upon our streets and highways.