COLORADO SPRINGS, COLO. (10/23/2015) — Colorado Springs Police report that on Thursday, 10/22/15, at approximately 2:11 a.m., a call for service was received regarding a roll over traffic accident in the area of Stetson Hills Blvd. and Peterson Rd. Upon officers’ arrival on scene, they located a single vehicle on the sidewalk on the south side of the eastbound lanes of Stetson Hills Blvd., just west of Peterson Rd. That vehicle, a Ford Ranger, had left the roadway and rolled over, landing on its roof, ejecting two male occupants and trapping two additional female occupants. All occupants were transported by ambulance to area hospitals.
The driver, who was identified as 26-year-old Blake Malcolm, was evaluated and arrested for DUI. The 22-year-old male passenger is currently being treated for serious injuries. The 26-year-old and 29-year-old female passengers are also being treated for less serious injuries. The driver was arrested and charged with Vehicular Assault.
The eastbound lanes of Stetson Hills Blvd. were temporarily closed to facilitate the investigation. The Major Accidents Unit responded to conduct the investigation in conjunction with the originally responding patrol officers.
- Nevada: Ray Diokno faces DUI homicide charges for killing two women in Christmas Eve booze cruise
- Maryland: Kaitlin Ashley Omara given sweet deal for killing two on motorcycle while DUI in her Nissan
- California: Vernon Lee Simon charged with DUI murder in death of driver he hit in Redding; prior DUI on record
- California: Benjamin Liano charged with DUI fatal crash of motorcyclist Alexander Fiala in Temecula
- California: Pacifica Police charged Ana Reepen with DUI homicide after hitting vehicle head-on