From Atlanta Journal Constitution:
The man who was drunk driving when he killed a father of four was sentenced to five years in prison, the Cobb County District Attorney said Wednesday.
Kenneth Lee Chitwood, 49, of Acworth, was ordered to spend the rest of his 15-year sentence on probation for killing James Peyton Underwood on Feb. 22.
Underwood, who ran his own business making real-estate signs, was placing signs along Mars Hill Road when he was struck by Chitwood, Cobb County police previously said. Underwood, 50, was standing outside of his truck when he was hit, shortly after midnight.
Underwood, of Paulding County, died after being taken to WellStar Kennestone Hospital. Chitwood wasn’t injured and ….MORE
- California: Jared Ray Hale convicted of DUI horror; killed three Marines in booze cruise after leaving bar
- California: Menifee Police nab 3 DUI in saturation patrol; 1 DUI arrest in Coachella, Moises Montufar
- Oregon: Klamath Grand Jury Indicted Guage Lee Gray with DUI Manslaughter for killing Garrett Zimmer & Marri Young-Wellbaum
- Louisiana: Sheri McElveen killed toddler while driving drunk now convicted again of DWI
- Illinois: Leonard A. Lemons charged with DUI reckless homicide in deaths of his stolen car heist pals