Jason M. Overton was charged with multiple offenses
Russellville, KY (October 18th, 2019) – On Thursday, October 17, 2019, at 2:45 PM, a Kentucky State Police Trooper attempted to make a traffic stop on a Chevrolet Camaro on I-165 near the Morgantown Road exit. The operator, identified as Jason M. Overton (33) of Nashville, fled from the Trooper at a high rate of speed. Overton exited I-165 onto Russellville Road (US68) and traveled westbound toward Logan County. The Trooper lost sight of Overton’s vehicle near Russellville.
It was discovered the vehicle Overton was operating had been stolen from Tennessee and he was in possession of a stolen gun
Logan County Sheriff’s Office along with Russellville Police Department located Overton’s vehicle and pursued it to Smith Street in Russellville where the vehicle was stopped and the Overton was apprehended. It was discovered the vehicle Overton was operating had been stolen from Tennessee and he was in possession of a stolen gun. Along with the firearms, officers located suspected drugs and drug paraphernalia in the vehicle.
Jason M. Overton was charged with the following offenses:
- Reckless Driving
- Improper Registration Plate
- DUI, 1st Offense
- Speeding 25 over the Limit
- Fleeing or Evading Police, 1st Degree (Motor Vehicle)
- Disregarding Traffic Control Device
- Receiving Stolen Property $10,000 or More
- Possession of a Firearm by a Convicted Felon
- Possession of a Handgun by a Convicted Felon
- Wanton Endangerment, 2nd degree (Police Officer)
- Possession of Marijuana
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
The investigation is being led by Trooper Larry Davis. Trooper Davis was assisted by Russellville Police Department, Logan County Sheriff’s Office and other KSP personnel.