On Friday, July 1, the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office conducted a DWI detail where additional patrol deputies were targeting individuals driving under the influence of alcohol and/or narcotics.
Eighty-eight (88) vehicles were checked; fifteen (15) field sobriety tests were administered; and fourteen (14) citations were issued; and the following one (1) person was arrested for DWI:
Eric R. Nonette, 48, 365 Rushmore Drive, Baton Rouge
The following citations were issued:
- one (1) citation was issued for no headlights
- one (1) for driving under suspension
- three (3) for no proof of insurance
- four (4) for no drivers license
- one (1) for open container
- one (1) for speeding
- one (1) for expired drivers license
- two (2) for fog lights
This detail was funded by Project KNOW, a grant awarded to the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury—Office of Juvenile Justice Services. This grant is being used to target underage drinking.