According to police spokesman Deputy Cindy Allen, on July 31 and August 1, 2012 the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office Alcohol Enforcement Coordinator DFC James Stone conducted underage “Compliance Checks” at forty three various business establishments possessing liquor licenses throughout St. Mary’s County. During these compliance checks, underage informants entered random establishments and attempted to purchase alcohol beverages. The following ten establishments failed the compliance checks. In addition the retail locations were cited for sale of liquor to minors and will face possible fines and/or suspension of their liquor licenses.
List of violations
1. Niko’s Pizza and Carryout – 21600 St. Mary’s Square, Lexington Park MD 20653
2. Stop’n Shop – 21036 Great Mills Road, Lexington Park, MD 20653
3. Monterey Mexican Restaurant – 22576 MacArthur Blvd, California MD 20619
4. The Coffee Quarter – 22576 MacArthur Blvd, unit 336 California MD 20619
5. Buffalo Wild Wings Grill & Bar – 46370 Lexington Village Way, Lexington Park MD 20653
6. Boatmans Mini Mart – 41106 Oakville Rd, Mechanicsville MD 20659
7. Dave Mckay’s Liqours – 37670 Mohawk Drive, Charlotte Hall MD 20622
8. A&B Liquor – 28260 Three Notch Rd, Mechancisville MD 20659
9. Loveville Tavern – 28275 Point Lookout Road, Leonardtown MD 20650
10. Toots – 23971 Mervell Dean Road, Hollywood MD 20636
At Boatman’s Mini Mart the underage informant was originally denied the sale of alcohol by the cashier. While attempting to leave the business the informant was approached by suspect Tanya Anita Hall (35 years old, Lexington Park MD). Suspect Hall offered to purchase the alcohol for the informant. The Informant then gave Hall a disclosed amount of money and Hall entered the establishment. Hall then purchased an alcoholic beverage for the informant. The cashier acknowledged Hall was purchasing the alcohol for the same minor and sold the alcohol anyway. Hall was issued a civil citation for purchasing alcohol for a person knowingly under 21 years of age which carries a fine of up to $2,500.00.