FROM Lockport Journal
Lockport city police Lieutenant Adam R. Piedmont was charged with driving while intoxicated Sunday morning after a property damage auto accident in Newfane. Piedmont has now been placed on paid administrative leave, pending an investigation.
According to the Niagara County Sheriff Department, Piedmont, 33, was involved in a property damage auto accident at 3:43 a.m. Sunday in front of 2769 S. Main St., Newfane.
The responding sheriff’s deputy reported Piedmont exhibited signs of alcohol consumption and refused to submit to a breath test. Piedmont told the deputy that he struck a parked vehicle while checking his cell phone for a message, according to the arrest report.
Piedmont was taken into custody without incident. In addition to DWI, he was charged with operating a motor vehicle while utilizing a mobile device and refusal to submit to a breath test….MORE
- Florida: Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott reports on arrest of Deputy Anthony Rivera for DUI
- Vermont: Officer Jeremy Wyskiel charged with being three times the legal limit; Police Chief Jennifer Morrison mum on his punishment
- Tennessee: Highway Patrol charged former Grainger Sheriff Richard McElhaney with DUI after crash into cemetery
- North Carolina: Cumberland County Sheriff’s Deputy Rickey Caldwell got a tree-in-one and a DWI
- Florida: Miami Police Officer Christopher Vital fired after high-speed DUI drama and load of drugs