DWI HIT PARADE: Spotsylvania Sheriff DUI arrests:
- On 09/25/2020, Deputy Burnett arrested Bryan Freeman (31) of Fredericksburg for driving under the influence, driving without a license (2nd offense), and an outstanding warrant in another jurisdiction in the 3600 block of Lafayette Boulevard
- On 09/26/2020, Deputy J.B. Walker arrested Elmer Coreas (24) of Washington, D.C. for driving under the influence in the 5000 block of Tara Drive
- On 09/26/2020, Deputy R. Jones arrested Jonathan Meade (44) of Spotsylvania for felony driving under the influence, felony driving revoked (DUI related), and obstruction of justice in the 9700 block of Elys Ford Road
- On 09/29/2020, Deputy Burnett arrested Terrell Lee (38) of Spotsylvania for driving under the influence, reckless driving, driving without a license, and driving suspended in the 12100 block of Gordon Road.
- DUI On 09/17/20, Deputy Burnett arrested Chase Avent (31) of Spotsylvania for driving under the influence and refusal in the 12500 block of Corter Avenue
- On 09/18/2020, Deputy D. Smith arrested Mariah McMillion (24) of Spotsylvania for driving under the influence (2nd in 5 years) in the area of Five Mile Road and Plank Road 3 On 09/19/2020, Deputy McGinnis arrested Floyd Eggleston (76) of Spotsylvania for driving under the influence of drugs in the area of Partlow Road and Blaydes Corner Road
- On 09/19/2020, Deputy Sullivan arrested Tammy Dahm (43) of Louisa on a permitted warrant for driving under the influence in the area of Belmont Road and Monrovia Road
- On 09/20/2020, Spotsylvania Deputy Bradford arrested Leanna Shiner (26) of Spotsylvania for driving under the influence, obstruction of justice, and driving without a license in the area of Shirleys Hill Road. On
- 09/20/2020, Deputy Heywood arrested Jesus Quispe Lopez (35) of Spotsylvania for driving under the influence.
- On 09/12/2020, Spotsylvania Sheriff Deputy Burnett arrested Ronald Hayes (57) of Washington, DC for driving under the influence in the 4000 Block of Plank Road
- On 09/12/2020, First Sergeant Myrick arrested Michelle Jenkins (37) of Spotsylvania for driving under the influence, refusal, and improper registration in the 8500 block of Lake Anna Parkway On
- 09/14/2020, Deputy Miller arrested Stanislava Washington (38) of Spotsylvania for driving under the influence and refusal in the 11000 block of Tidewater Trail
- On 09/15/2020, Deputy Lay arrested Darby Hendricks (22) for driving under the influence and hit and run in the area of 3700 Lafayette Boulevard.
- On 08/29/2020, Deputy Burnett arrested Ty Ferrell (24) of Spotsylvania for driving under the influence in the 7700 block of Ashley Farms Circle.
- On 08/19/2020, Spotsylvania Sheriff Deputy D. Brooks arrested Robert V. Frenzel (55) of Caroline for driving under the influence of drugs, refusal of a blood test, and driving suspended in the 5400 block of Partlow Road
- On 08/21/2020, Deputy D. Smith arrested Christian Edmonds for driving under the influence (1st Offense), felony child endangerment, unreasonable refusal of breath/blood, driving suspended, and no liability insurance
- On 08/21/2020, Spotsylvania Deputy J. Carnahan arrested Courtney Dixon (22) of Spotsylvania for driving under the influence
- On 08/23/2020, Deputy D. Smith arrested Trent Allen Brooks (28) of Spotsylvania for driving under the influence of drugs.
- Defendant Status: OTHER
Filed Date: 11/16/2012
- Locality: COMMONWEALTH OF VA
- Code Section: 18.2-58.1
- Charge: CARJACKING
- Case Type: FELONY
- Class: UNCLASSIFIED
- Commenced By: INDICTMENT
- Offense Date: 09/22/2012
- Arrest Date: 10/01/2012
- Disposition: GUILTY
- Disposition Date: 03/31/2014
- Concluded By: TRIAL – JUDGE WITH WITNESS
- Jail/Penitentiary: PENITENTIARY
- Concurrent/Consecutive:Life/Death:Sentence Time: 15 Year (s)Sentence Suspended: 10 Year(s)Program Type:Probation
- Type: INDEFINITE SUPERVISION
- Probation Time:
Trent Allen Brooks was found guilty of abduction, carjacking, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony and hit and run in Caroline Circuit Court. Virginia State Police reported in 2012: the pair left the scene of an accident and forced their way into a man’s truck, told him they had a gun, and demanded he drive them away. About a mile later the pair told the driver to stop, jumped out of the truck, and ran off into the woods.
On Saturday, Sept. 22, 2012, after a crash at the intersection of Route 1 and Marye Road in Virginia, police said the driver of a Pontiac G6 failed to stop at a stop sign and was hit by a 1998 Dodge Durango.
Three people inside the Pontiac were not injured. However, five people inside the Dodge, three of whom suffered injuries, were taken to Mary Washington Hospital in Fredericksburg.
Police said as Trooper M.C. Hite was attending to several of the injured, the Pontiac’s driver, Cheryl Marie Ruedi, and backseat passenger, Trent Alen Brooks, left the scene on foot.
Authorities said witnesses spotted them getting into a nearby pickup that was located near the crash scene.
Later on, around 7:15 p.m., a man told troopers at the crash scene he had been abducted by Ruedi and Brooks. The man stated that he was forced into his pickup truck by the man, who said he had a gun, and told to drive the pair away from the scene. They traveled west on Marye Road for about half a mile when Brooks ordered the man to stop the pickup truck. Brooks and Reudi then ran from the pickup truck and fled into the woods on foot.
Cheryl Marie Ruedi
Ruedi was charged with felony hit and run, possession with intent to distribute marijuana, driving on a suspended license, reckless driving, and failure to obey a highway sign. She was sentenced to 30 days in jail for possession with the intent to sell drugs. The carjacking charge was dropped. Ruedi was also wanted by the Spotsylvania County Sheriff’s Office for grand larceny of a stolen vehicle.
Brooks was charged with abduction, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony, carjacking, hit and run, possession of marijuana with intent to distribute, possession of a firearm with an active protective order, brandishing a firearm, and assault. Brooks was also wanted by the Spotsylvania County Sheriff’s Office for assault on a family member.
Brooks was sentenced to eight years in prison. With a new DUI conviction, backup time might see Brooks spending a few more years in prison.
- On 08/23/2020, Deputy Wichowski arrested Michael Drummond (41) of Fredericksburg for driving under the influence of narcotics and driving while revoked in the area of Stoney Creek Drive
- On 08/24/2020, Deputy Otero arrested Michael Anthony Stone (25) of Fredericksburg for driving under the influence (2nd offense) in the 9000 of Jefferson Davis Highway
- On 08/24/2020, Deputy Fredericksen arrested Brian Evans (48) of Spotsylvania for driving under the influence, misdemeanor eluding, and hit and run in the area of Spotsylvania Parkway and Balls Bluff Road
- On 08/08/2020, Deputy Otero arrested Gustavo Angel Bautista (19) of Fredericksburg for driving under the influence
- On 08/09/2020, Deputy Wichowski arrested James Perry (35) of Stafford driving under the influence