Dead woman and her injured boyfriend spent their last moments together after Valentines evening together…then they were hit head-on by suspected DUI driver…
On her Facebook page, on Feb. 10, Atwell posted this: “okay I know valentines is Saturday but I just want you all to know how much I love this man of mine he is the sweetest man ever, I love you to the moon and back honey.” She posted a photo of her and Sammy Roark together. She was dead within five days.
SHELTON, WASHINGTON – Washington State Patrol reports that a head-on crash on State Route 101 two miles south of Shelton, Wa., took the life of Breanna Renee Atwell, 20, of Shelton, when the Severianao Lopez, 20, crossed the center line at 1:26 am on Feb. 15, 2015 and hit her vehicle. WSP Trooper J. Merritt reports that Atwell was not wearing her seatbelt when her 1992 Honda Accord was struck and totaled. Next of kin was notified by the Mason County Coroner.
Samuel John Roark III, 22, of Shelton was a passenger in Atwell’s vehicle and was taken by ambulance to Mason General Hospital. Police say that Roark wasn’t wearing a seatbelt either.
Lopez was operating a red 1990 Mazda northbound when colliding with the southbound Atwell vehicle which was totally demolished and the remains of the vehicle impounded as the investigation continues.
Lopez, who police say is suspected of being impaired by alcohol or drugs, was the one person of the three in the crash who was wearing a seat belt.
Charges are under investigation and pending.
- Washington: State Patrol reports 6 hurt in DUI crash; DUI charges pending against Sarah L. Huntley-Fife
- California: Jared Ray Hale convicted of DUI horror; killed three Marines in booze cruise after leaving bar
- Nationwide: Courtroom roundup – when DUI killers go to trial & a school bus driver DUI
- Oregon: Klamath Grand Jury Indicted Guage Lee Gray with DUI Manslaughter for killing Garrett Zimmer & Marri Young-Wellbaum
- California: Thomas Karl Doczi charged with DUI in killing bicyclist with his Porsche