Victor Martinez Zibarra killed in DUI head-on crash near Othello when Emilio Martinez-Silva crossed center line
OTHELLO, WASHINGTON — A passenger in a vehicle hit by a Buick that crossed the center line on SR 24 fourteen miles west of Othello was killed and the driver of that car injured in what Washington State Trooper M. Anderson reports was caused by driving while impaired by drugs and or alcohol.
Police say that a 1993 Buick Regal operated by Emilio Martinez-Silva, 18, of Othello, was driving his vehicle eastbound at 4:05 am on June 18, 2017, when for unknown reasons, he crossed the center line and struck a 2006 Honda Odyssey operated by Jesus Mendoza Salazar, 42, of Othello. Salazar was injured and taken to Othello Community Hospital and his passenger, Victor Martinez-Zibarra, 36, of Mattawa, was pronounced dead at the scene. Another passenger in the Honda, Ana L. Castroanalco was also injured.
Martinez-Silva was injured and taken to Othello for treatment. Police say charges are pending.
- Washington: State Patrol reports Booze ended Frizzell’s Cruise When Driver Smashed into Tree
- Washington: State Patrol reports DUI driver Jeffrey Lewellen crossed center line and killed Diane Sturlaugson in head-on crash
- Washington: Boozing Barrister Kristine Steinkoenig from Maryland Injured When Crashing Into Dump Truck
- Washington: Prosecuting Attorney Mark Lindquist sends Matthew James Haygood to slammer for 16 years in DUI killing
- Washington: State Patrol reports 211 Arrests and Bookings for Impaired Driving During 4th of July Weekend in 2016