Six people were charged with driving while intoxicated over night on July 21 and July 22 at police check points as part of a East End Stop DWI Task Force initiative, Southold Town Police reported.
Southold Town Police officers along with members of the New York State Police and the Suffolk County Parks Police conducted enhanced DWI enforcement throughout the Town of Southold during the overnight period. Two separate sobriety checkpoints were conducted along with saturation patrols with the following arrests being made:
• Santos U. Ruiz, 36, of Peconic, was charged with DWI, consuming alcohol in a motor vehicle, unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, and moving from a lane unsafely.
• Ricardo A. Ramos-Hernandez, 32, of Greenport, was charged with driving while intoxicated, unlicensed operator, operating a motor vehicle without insurance, and operating a motor vehicle with a suspended registration.
• James M. Tozar, 70, of Mattituck, was charged with driving while intoxicated.
• Gabriella C. Garren, 22, of East Marion, was charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated, and inadequate lights on a motor vehicle.
• Zachary Savona, 29, of Stamford, Conn., was charged….MORE