Colorado Springs Police
COLORADO SPRINGS, COLORADO – Colorado Springs Police Lt. Anderson reports that on Sept. 12, 2015 at 3:56 pm the Colorado Springs Police Department received a report of an injury traffic crash at the intersection of E Uintah St/N Circle Dr.
Police say that their investigation revealed a car traveling westbound on Uintah through the intersection was struck by a truck traveling southbound on Circle Dr.
A passenger in the Oldsmobile, Linda Graham, 67, died in the collision, police said while the driver, Marla Wilson, was taken to a hospital for chest pain.
An occupant of the car was pronounced deceased on scene by medical personnel. The truck fled the scene but was later located unoccupied. Officers located the driver of the vehicle shortly after locating the truck.
The driver of the truck was identified by police as Michael Schweitzer, 64, and he was taken into custody for multiple charges. Alcohol and speed appear to have been factors in the crash.
UPDATE: The driver of the truck Michael Schweitzer, was arrested for Vehicular Homicide, felony DUI, and multiple traffic charges. Police say he has four prior DUI arrests.
- California: Jonathan Eduardo Garcia-Avila released on bond after killing Osvaldo Ramirez and Tierra Reagins in DUI crash
- Illinois: DUI Chicago DJ Lego took a trip on the highway and through a guard rail; killed gal pal Claudia Beruben
- California: Aaron Daniel Benson held on million dollar bail on DUI homicide charges after crashing into house and killing woman in her bed
- California: El Cajon police say Brandy Teague was DUI on drugs when she crashed and killed her toddler for Easter
- New York: Steve Romeo admitted boozing prior to killing four women in limo