GALESBURG — 05/17/2014—On Friday, May 16, 2014 at 1:03 a.m., the Galesburg Police were called to the scene of an one vehicle crash in the 400 block of McClure Street. Upon arrival, officer observed that a vehicle had struck the railroad underpass at that location.
A passenger in the vehicle later identified as Albert E. Prater Jr. (D.O.B. November 21, 1990) of 568 West Knox Street Galesburg, was extricated from the vehicle by the Galesburg Fire Department personnel, treated at the scene and transported to the Galesburg Cottage Hospital by ambulance.
Albert Prater was later pronounced dead at Cottage Hospital by the Knox County Coroner. The alleged driver of the vehicle (Bryan D. Vann), who had fled the crash scene, was located at 1581 McKnight and transported to Cottage Hospital where he was treated and released. This crash remains under investigation by the Galesburg Police Department.
Arrested: Bryan D. Vann (D.O.B. – June 4, 1989), 568 West Knox Street, Galesburg, IL
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol
- Aggravated Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol Causing Death
- Reckless Homicide/.08 B.A.C. Alcohol
- Failure to Report Accident with Death
- Failure to Report Accident with Injury
- Operating an uninsured Motor Vehicle
- Failure to Reduce Speed to Avoid an Accident