Repeat offender Joseph Lops was nearly three times the legal limit when he was charged with DWI
Cheektowaga, NY – New York State Police report that on September 22, 2017, at approximately 2:11 a.m., State Police stopped a vehicle on State Route 33, in the Town of Cheektowaga for a speeding violation. The driver of the vehicle, Joseph J. Lops, age 49, of Williamsville, NY, was found to be intoxicated. He was transported and processed at New York State Police Buffalo, where his blood alcohol content was determined to be 0.21%. Additionally, he has a prior DWI conviction within the last 10 years and as a result was subsequently charged with:
- Aggravated Driving While Intoxicated; a Class E Felony
- Driving While Intoxicated with a previous conviction within 10 years; a Class E Felony.
- Operating a Motor Vehicle with .08% or more of BAC with a prior conviction within 10 years; a Class E Felony.
- Aggravated Unlicensed Operation in the 3rd Degree; an Unclassified Misdemeanor.
- Numerous Vehicle and Traffic Violations